The National Trust charity founded in 1895 to preserve the nation’s heritage and open spaces. More than 120 years later they continue to look after special places throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The National Trust commissioned EMA Design to clarify and update the visitor navigational signage at Flatford Mill. The current signage was very dated and in a bad state of repair and did not reflect either the historical importance of the site or that it is owned and managed by the National Trust.
EMA Design’s objective was to produce a range of signage that both improves both the look of the utilitarian areas of the site and reinforces the National Trust branding of the site as a whole.
The National Trust Logo on the Visitor Centre has been recognised as being the largest reproduction of the ‘Oak Leaf’ in the UK.